10 Amazing Things You’ll Only See In Dubai
In recent years Dubai has truly become a world-class city. This bustling metropolis, that a few decades ago was a center for the fishing, pearling and sea trade. Today is a beacon of financial, technology, retail and property developments and the city leaders have spent inordinate amounts of money investing in the tourism sector.
This means that, although the city doesn’t have much to offer in terms of natural attractions, unless you count the desert as one (and you should), it is right on cool, emerald waters of the Arabian Gulf which in itself makes it a wonderful destination for diving, fishing, all kinds of water sports as well as relaxing days at the beach.
Here are 10 standout points that make Dubai a must-visit in your life time:
1. The Dubai Mall is the world’s largest mall with over 1 200 shops, an indoor aquarium and an ice skating rink.
2. Ski Dubai in the Mall of the Emirates is the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort where guests can ski, snowboard, go tobogganing or take part in snow events.
3. The tallest building in the world is Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, rising to 828 metres (2,717 ft) and contains 209 floors.
4. A new structure known as The Tower, which will be higher than the Burj Khalifa (by a notch), is currently being built and will be finished by 2020.
5. The world’s biggest indoor theme park, IMG Worlds of Adventure in Dubai, cost more than $1 billion dollars and took three years to build. The park is as big as 28 football fields, measuring some 1.5 million square feet in size.
6. The Middle East’s first Hollywood theme park, Motiongate Dubai has dozens of immersive Hollywood movie-inspired experiences woven around movies such as Game of Thrones and The Smurfs. It’s part of the massive outdoor Dubai Parks and Resorts entertainment complex that also features the world’s first Bollywood theme park.
7. Dubai will build the world’s first ever Hyperloop, a high-speed transportation system that uses a pipeline to carry passengers and goods in levitating capsules.
8. In 2018 Dubai will open the world’s first nature-inspired mall in Dubai, featuring a 200,000 sqft open-air garden, called Central Park, as well as a mini-Miracle Garden and mini-water park, 300-year-old ancient tree garden, Japanese garden and a 360-degree rooftop garden.
9. The Burj Al Arab is said to be the most luxurious hotel in the world.
10. The Dubai Palm Islands are the largest artificial islands on earth. The islands are shaped in the form of massive palm trees connected to the beaches of Dubai. The islands stretch 5 ½ km into the Arabian Gulf and can be seen from space.
With oil revenues drying up and little other natural resources to bank on, Dubai is going all out to make this desert the world’s number one luxury tourist destination.
If you haven’t been yet, maybe now is the time to book your flight and hotel and see for yourself what attracts millions of people to this phenomenal and ambitious city.
Lelo Patience Klaas is a content marketer and a blogger. She has a strong flair for writing and loves writing informative SEO articles and writing about travel destinations. Lelo Patience Klaas specializes in digital marketing, education, parenting and travel niches.
Her Interests include catching up on SEO news and preparing audience-grabbing blog posts for her blogs. She is a well-rounded, a dedicated writer and a self-proclaimed social media expert.
When she is not busy blogging about the latest search engine updates or the most amazing travel destinations then she is busy with community development projects or preparing creative dishes for her family.
Lelo is a very spontaneous person that loves to live life on the edge. She has a strong aspiration to learn new things and eager to see the world.